Mercy In Action
As a Catholic College we are challenged to make a serious effort to share the social mission of the Church.
Social justice education at Monte aims to provide the students with the knowledge and skills whereby they can identify the causes of social injustice and advocate for positive and effective change.
Monte’s social justice advocacy and action is informed by the Gospels of Jesus Christ, the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, and the life and work of Catherine McAuley.
Social Justice at Monte is led by the Mercy Action Group.
Social Justice Action includes:
- Education and action on the United Nations Millennium Development Goals
- Embedding Social Justice within the Curriculum - supporting the work of the Mercy Foundation
- Participating in global campaigns for justice
- Engaging students in activities to support organisations aligned to our values
- Advocating for structural change on behalf of those without a voice in our society