NORTH SYDNEY LOCATION
A Welcoming Campus
SENIOR STUDY CENTRE
A flexible, welcoming environment
Every Year 12 student has access to facilities including a kitchen, bathroom amenities, meeting spaces, personal space in a small group room, and essential study and wellbeing resources. Uniquely, Mercy House provides a delineation between school and home where students can complete their intended study before going home to relax, both during extended hours throughout the week and on weekends.
Mercy House offers flexibility in its use and is able to cater for what best fits individual student needs and learning styles. The space continues to build individual capacity and offers Year 12 students the ability to become increasingly independent learners in a supportive environment. The space is a beacon in facilitating Monte’s ongoing academic excellence and strong community and College spirit, and its name is a reminder of our deep roots and connection to our Mercy history.
The College combines a state-of-the-art learning environment with buildings of architectural and historical significance. Purpose-built facilities support specialised teaching and learning, while student-centred spaces promote co-curricular activities and wellbeing.
Our Year 7 students begin their Monte journey in the Year 7 learning precinct, which offers a supportive and nurturing place to commence secondary school. All students have optimal access to a variety of spaces that affords them the opportunity to study, socialise and work with teaching staff and their peers in a supportive environment.
Our College facilities include:
- Scientia Terrace, Sports, Innovation, Science, Social Justice and Enterprise facility
- McQuoin Centre, a multi-purpose hall used for sports and College assemblies
- Indoor, heated 25-metre swimming pool
- Strength and conditioning gym with weights and cardio equipment
- O’Regan Arts and Cultural Common including a 370-seat theatre and performance space
- Specialised music rehearsal rooms
- Modern Hospitality kitchen
- An abundance of classrooms and learning areas
- Visual Arts and Design and Technology complex with multiple specialist facilities
- Modern Library with catalogues of more than 15,988 items and individual and group study areas
- College Chapel, which is the spiritual heart of the College
- Mercy Hall, built in the early 1900s and fully restored
- Beautiful grounds and landscaped gardens.